At Albany Plantations we are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees and other people that might be affected by our activities.
We continuously endeavour to improve safety and health and eliminate injury and diseases in the workplace.
In achieving this goal we:
- Operate in compliance with applicable legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other external and internal prescribed requirements.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive risk management system that includes monitoring, audit and review of performance.
- Implement and maintain a safety management system, in accordance with AS/NZS 4801 standard.
- Identify the potential safety risks and hazards of our operations and mitigate and control workplace hazards through providing safe equipment, safe work practices and safe systems of work.
- Set objectives and standards to mitigate potentially significant impacts and commit to continual improvement in safety and health performance.
- Clearly define health and safety responsibilities of all staff and contractors and ensure that they are aware of their role in implementing the organisations' commitments to safety and health in the workplace.
- Involves employees in safety and health matters and consult with them in ways to reduce work place hazards and prevent injuries.
- Provide employees with safety information, supervision and training appropriate to the hazards in the workplace.
- Apply OHS principles and meet OHS criteria as identified in the certification Principles and Criteria.
- Communicate with employees, contractors and relevant stakeholders on safety and health issues and performance.
- Communicate this policy to all interested parties.